What's For Dinner

Friday
Me: I'm going to the grocery store. Is there anything in particular that you want?
Ol' Man: No, but don't forget that I'm going to the meat market on Monday.

Monday
Ol' Man: What's for dinner?
Me: Hot dogs, fries and mac-n-cheese.
Ol' Man: We don't have anything better?
Me: No, we don't have any meat. I only bought enough for the weekend.
Ol' Man: Oh.. okay. I'll go to the meat market in the morning.

Tuesday
Ol' Man: What's for dinner?
Me: Fish, shrimp & fries.
Ol' Man: Frozen stuff again?
Me: Ye-es. There's no meat.
Ol' Man: Oh.. okay. I'll go to the meat market in the morning.

Wednesday
Ol' Man: What's for dinner?
Me: What kind of meat did you put in the fridge?
Ol' Man: None of it. I put it all in the freezer.

Hey... at least he went to the meat market, right?
Posted on 10:52 PM by Chris and filed under , , | 3 Comments »

3 comments:

Kat said... @ January 9, 2009 at 5:10 AM

Usually when I ask The Man what he wants for dinner he says "I don't know" so then he gets whatever I throw on his plate. If he complains he can make himself a sandwich next time.

Chris said... @ January 9, 2009 at 7:31 AM

That has to be one of the most irritating things about my Ol' Man! He always says "I don't care" and then feels the need to whine when he sees what I've chosen.

Rebecca Halley said... @ January 11, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Now that Jack's home I avoid this by making him cook...he made monster nachos and taquitos then a big pot of meat and veggies we had stashed in the freezer. Of course he still TRIES to get me to cook but I can always guilt trip HIM in to doing it lol

Post a Comment

Hey?? I moved -- You should be over at TextImps.com reading & commenting. Don't worry. All of the posts from here are over there now. See ya soon. =D