Snopes Don't Fail Me Now

My inbox is often cluttered with e-mails warning about the medicines I should remove from my bathroom, murderers jumping into the back seat of my car while I get fuel and killer clowns hiding in my bedroom. Because of these e-mails, I find myself at Snopes quite often.

For those unfamiliar with Snopes (Where have you been? Stop forwarding this crap to me!!) you can basically search for keywords and they'll tell you whether it's accurate information or just more BS that you should ignore.

I was always impressed with the amount of time they put into researching. Until.... today....

Did someone forget to send them the memo??



The world would be a better place if we could all see the world through the eyes of children... and Snopes...
Posted on 2:22 PM by Chris and filed under | 7 Comments »

7 comments:

Gina said... @ January 31, 2009 at 3:03 PM

It drives me crazy when people send me stuff without checking first. In fact, I wrote a whole long, ranting post about it a while back. I have one or two people that are ALWAYS sending me that crap and I always send the snopes link back to the offending party.

Michelle said... @ January 31, 2009 at 4:53 PM

I am exactly the same as Gina. I hate when people forward stuff that they don't check out first.
My brothers friend sent me some long rambling email that was supposedly written by Jay Leno. I don't know Leno's political affiliation but I know he would have never spewn the hate that was in the body of the message. So I looked it up on Snopes, hit reply all inserted the link.
Holy shit was he pissed off at me. I got berated for embarrassing him. I think he embarrassed himself by sending out such stupidity and hate.
Anyway, that's my rant lol

Anonymous said... @ February 1, 2009 at 6:50 AM

I don't get annoyed anymore. I just delete. It is really getting really bad!

Femin Susan said... @ February 1, 2009 at 6:30 PM

Hi......
Wonderful post!
Keep it up.....

thecookie said... @ February 2, 2009 at 1:25 PM

How can they do that to mah boo?!?
He looks nothing like George Bush!
ACK!
New Obamaa icon
New Obama icon ...

Ginny Marie said... @ February 2, 2009 at 2:20 PM

That is just too funny!

I'm giving you an award for your FAB blog! Drop by to pick it up!

Chris said... @ February 4, 2009 at 12:13 PM

@Gina - offending party cracked me up.

@Michelle - That was hilarious and I had to forward that comment to a couple people.

@thecookie - Let's start a petition

@Ginny - Weeeeeeeeeee

Post a Comment

Hey?? I moved -- You should be over at TextImps.com reading & commenting. Don't worry. All of the posts from here are over there now. See ya soon. =D