Some Screenshots

Nothin' goin' on around here lately. The Ol' Man has been gone since Monday and right now, he's 20 miles up the road & sleeping at a truckstop. How horrible is that!?!? 20 itty bitty miles and I can't see him. If the yard wasn't all mushy from the rain he'd just pull the semi up into the yard and sleep at home... but nooo........ dang rain!!!!!

Since I have absolutely nothing to talk about tonight (other than whining that I miss hubby) I figured I'd post some screenshots that I've taken over the past month or so.

First up.... we have the stats from one of my website counters.




That wasn't very impressive but... look what happened when I just tried to upload it to blogger. This is kinda creepy....






Alright... this one's better.






As if the BIG WORDS weren't bad enough... they go and add 'Roid LOL

And here's the last one (because I just realized how bad these pictures look when I use this blogger upload stuff)






Grrrr You can't even READ that.

What it says is Ticker: Raccoons attack the White House.

When I read this for the first time, I spit Coke On My Keyboard!! Thoughts of Forrest Gump and "Mama just chased them away with a broom" came flooding in.

*** ETA -- I feel like I ripped ya'll off with this post. So I'm going to add more junk to it. See how nice I am. LOL

My cousin just sent this to me a couple minutes ago. I've seen it before, but it's still funny. Thought I'd share in case YOU haven't seen it.

Barbara Walters, of Television's 20/20, did a story on gender roles in Kabul, Afghanistan several years before the Afghan conflict.

She noted that women customarily walked five paces behind their husbands.

She recently returned to Kabul and observed that women still walk behind their husbands.

From Ms Walters' vantage point, despite the overthrow of the oppressive Taliban regime,
the women now seem to walk even further back behind their husbands, and are happy to maintain the old custom.

Ms . Walters approached one of the Afghani women and asked, 'Why do you now seem happy with an old custom that you once tried so desperately to change?'

The woman looked Ms Walters straight in the eyes, and without hesitation said, 'Land Mines.'
Moral of the story is (no matter what language you speak and where you go):
BEHIND EVERY MAN, THERE'S A SMART WOMAN
Posted on 11:00 PM by Chris and filed under , | 7 Comments »

7 comments:

Terri said... @ February 20, 2009 at 6:29 AM

ok that 666 upload is kind of creepy.

Hope the husband is home soon.

Anonymous said... @ February 20, 2009 at 8:42 AM

666 is very creepy...

BTW - I'm the gal whose blog you helped Jo-Lynne fix. I appreciate it!!! You may not want to visit me though I have the pink frilly site you were referring to... What can I say, I'm a princess. =)

I am a Tornado ~ proven fact! said... @ February 20, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Yes, we women folk are much smarter than those menzs.

I don't care for frilly pink - I like black too - lots and lots of blackness.

Anonymous said... @ February 20, 2009 at 1:12 PM

LOL what's with you and the potentially evil numbers over the last few months?

Anonymous said... @ February 20, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Bwah ha ha ha (I think it's spelt) at the last bit. 666, hmm, I've had my suspicions about you for a while. I've also had a long day so probly ignore anything I say.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said... @ February 21, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Fun post! Thanks for the laughs!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

growingupartists said... @ February 21, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Nice chain!

Post a Comment

Hey?? I moved -- You should be over at TextImps.com reading & commenting. Don't worry. All of the posts from here are over there now. See ya soon. =D