Spin Cycle - Changes

When Jen from Sprite's Keeper announced that our Spin Cycle assignment this week was about change, the first thing that came to mind was diapers. After 11 years of changing diapers it's hard not to associate the word change with the word diaper.

The last time that Luigi wore a diaper was the day before he turned 3. All of the others took a couple more months. To make things easier, I'm going to use "3 years" as the cut off date in my math problem.

Also, to make the math problem a little more simple, we'll just use 6 as the average number of diaper changes per day. I know it's more like 8 (12 for some of my poop monsters) but... we'll just go with 6.

3 years = 1,095 days

1,095 days x 4 kids = 4,380 days

Frogger was born 102 days ago

4,380 days + 102 days = 4,482 days

4,482 days x 6 diapers a day = .............. Are you ready for it?

Seriously?? You ready??

Twenty-six THOUSAND eight hundred ninety-two diapers!!

And just think... I still have another 5,000 diapers to go with Frogger.

(Is anyone else thinking about the episode of Spongebob where Patrick & Spongebob raise the baby clam??)

(Is anyone else really jealous of the parents who use cloth diapers? I wish I had that sort of control over my gag reflexes. Kudos to you guys!!)
Posted on 7:39 AM by Chris and filed under , , | 15 Comments »

15 comments:

Anonymous said... @ February 27, 2009 at 8:37 AM

Oh my god, you've bought me to my knees (and not just to change a nappy) with those numbers. That is some awesome nappy change action - you must be able to do it with your eyes closed by now!

HeatherPride said... @ February 27, 2009 at 9:06 AM

I'm in awe. That's a ton of crap, literally.

Sprite's Keeper said... @ February 27, 2009 at 9:24 AM

Thank you for taking on the diaper! I was hoping for some silliness , although it's making me realize how many I've changed on just one and I suddenly sober.
You're too funny and you're linked!

Ginny Marie said... @ February 27, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Let's see...I've already changed about 3 diapers this morning...about 3 more to go...my numbers don't (and won't) measure up to your numbers!

I agree with SK...I love the silliness! (although 26,892 is probably not silliness to you!)

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said... @ February 27, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Oooh...I hate math because it makes my head spin. It is spinning even more thinking about all those diaper changes. Great spin! Because it got me spinning mentally today@

Unknown said... @ February 27, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Usually, change is good...lol.

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said... @ February 27, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Wow, that's a shitload of diapers! (pun intended!)

I am so glad that my little one potty trained early cause my stepson was almost FOUR before he was fully trained. That sucked.

Terri said... @ February 27, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Yep with 5 kids myself I changed A LOT of diapers myself.
My last two had to be in cloth diapers because of all things to be allergic to..... it was dispo. diapers.

Samsmama said... @ February 27, 2009 at 9:10 PM

I stalked you from over at MOFM and, lady, you are funny!! 26,892? Holy hell! I'll be back for more for sure...

Val said... @ February 27, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Holy crap!
And you didn't even factor in stomach viruses!

Anonymous said... @ February 28, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Those numbers are staggering! I'm going to be a grandma for the first time in May (yay!) and my son and his girl are asking for clothe diapers. You know, to save the planet. We'll see how long they can keep up with the laundry!

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said... @ February 28, 2009 at 10:25 AM

That post was really great birth control! OMG! That many diapers really? whew.

Anonymous said... @ February 28, 2009 at 1:45 PM

You know there are door-to-door services that launder the cloth ones, and there are excellent waterproof covers for them…

Rachael said... @ March 2, 2009 at 2:40 AM

Holy CRAP. Literally! It's better to just not think about it.

I did cloth diapers for 18 months with my son, and it's really not that bad! Well, if you get a diaper service :-)

Laufa said... @ March 2, 2009 at 9:26 AM

If you could handle your gag reflexes, you could also save all the money you spend in diapers a year - it adds up, as you have shown us.

Post a Comment

Hey?? I moved -- You should be over at TextImps.com reading & commenting. Don't worry. All of the posts from here are over there now. See ya soon. =D