Spinning My Wheels And Looking For A Tow Truck

**Warning -- Just turn back now.... seriously... By the time you finish reading this, you'll hate yourself (and me) for wasting your valuable time. **


I have a million and one things going through my head right now. I have tons of projects that I could work on and 2 tons of projects that I'd like to start. Problem is, I just don't know WHERE to start.

I feel like my other blog needs a complete overhaul. Also, I have a game site that I'd love to redesign. On top of that is this blog. I love that header up there, but it's not mine. Do you know how nuts it makes me to use someone else's layout? I shudder every single time I open this thing. It drives me absolutely bonkers.

I've also been thinking a lot lately about starting some sort of blog design business. I've talked to a few other designers and they've given me lots of great tips but I just don't know where to start. Maybe the first step would be to set myself up with a design. *laughs*

Another problem I have is the fact that, with my luck, anyone who would want to use my service would like "pretty". I am SO not into pretty! Black is my thing. I love black. I've designed things in the past that were pink and purple and frilly and I wanted to gag every step of the way. The customers were happy, but I hated it!!!

(Sidenote -- Who are these weirdos that keep finding me on Twitter? And... when I message all ya'll, do you think the same thing about me? LOL "Who's this weirdo??" ?? )

What about these pictures that the other designers are using? The mommy cartoon characters. Do they draw them on their own or is there some secret society of underground cartoon sharing sites (that made no sense) where they just swap cartoons back and forth?

I'm just thinking outloud right now. Ya'll feel free to find something else to read before this jibber-jabber causes brain damage.

Still here? Alright, well... answer me this. Do any of you do design work? Do you have any tips? Would you like a lackey? Do you have any tips? Did I say that already?

I seriously need to find SOMETHING to do!!!

Anyone want a new layout? Anyone need some functionality added to their wordpress blog but just can't figure out how to do it?? You can find a link to all of my contact info over ---->> there, up at the top.

Dooot-dee-doooo La-la-la

Bored Bored Bored....

Anyone online and just want to chat? LMAO!!

Bueller..... Bueller.......
Posted on 11:37 PM by Chris and filed under , , | 11 Comments »

11 comments:

Kat said... @ February 18, 2009 at 5:37 AM

I love brain dump posts! So not a waste of time. Oh and Badass Geek is also a site design person, maybe you should check him out and see what he says. He did my blog.

Terri said... @ February 18, 2009 at 6:37 AM

I like these kind of posts

You may be surprised at how many people are out there looking for darker blog designs. My 17 year old some does some design work for local bands and a lot of it is pretty dark.

Unknown said... @ February 18, 2009 at 11:35 AM

I love dark designs...but never do one...cause as dark as I like to think my world is, light is where my hope is. :)

I do my own, but it is very limited to the stuff I find on scrapblog.com and a lot of that stuff is COUNTRY or SCRAPBOOKY and that is NOT ME.

Also, I change my layout like I change my hairdo...LOTS. Therefore to PAY someone to make a layout for me that I am just going to want to change in a few months isn't feesible.

Anyway.

Not that any of this helped you in anyway, but I feel better putting it out there. :D

I am a Tornado ~ proven fact! said... @ February 18, 2009 at 1:11 PM

I should post now b/c I need a brain dump ... [see, I knew I would eventually figure out why my head ached so horribly]

Thanks for edumacating me.

I can't think today. can't work. can't write ... i'll chat with ya on twitter if you want. brain isn't worth much else.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said... @ February 18, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Hey! That was kind of fun! You have random thoughts like me! I knew I liked you for a reason.

BTW, I don't have any knowledge of that stuff. Not my thing at all, that is why I just head on over to the cutest blog on the block every other month. It is easy and I like to change things up on a regular basis.

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Captain Dumbass said... @ February 18, 2009 at 9:59 PM

I think most of those cartoons come from Photobucket. I'd love to know who does them, I have some great ideas.

Gretchen said... @ February 18, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Well I know Holly the Anglophile (Anglophile Football Fanatic) has little cartoon ladies that she switches up periodically. I know that the Nap Warden does her blog design. Maybe one of those two ladies could answer your question about the cartoon people?

Ginny Marie said... @ February 19, 2009 at 7:52 AM

I've wondered the same thing about those cartoon drawings!

HeatherPride said... @ February 19, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Wow, I wouldn't have the first clue how to design a webpage. I'm kind of in awe of those who do. My blog is sooo PLAIN and I have no idea how to jazz it up. It's kind of embarrassing.

Musings of a Housewife said... @ February 19, 2009 at 7:58 PM

LOL. LOL. I have one word for you. iStockphoto. :-) That's where all the cartoony characters come from. I'll talk blog design any time! :-)

Anonymous said... @ February 20, 2009 at 7:43 AM

Lol - hope you feel better for getting that off your chest. I'm the least designy person on the planet so I don't really think I can help. I hate pink and frilly too. I'm overdressing my daughter in pink now so that she (oh please god) grows out of it.

Post a Comment

Hey?? I moved -- You should be over at TextImps.com reading & commenting. Don't worry. All of the posts from here are over there now. See ya soon. =D